An Update Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As the COVID-19 crisis continues to escalate, we feel it is important to take more precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our staff, owners and community here at RiverWalk. Therefore, we will be implementing the following next steps.
Effective Monday, 3/23:
- RiverWalk will be open to Owners only with minimal staff on premise. All resort operations including housekeeping, resort amenities, winery, spa & restaurant are suspended for two weeks until Monday, 4/6. At which time, further evaluation will take place to determine next steps.
- RW Owners will continue to be able to utilize their unit during their owned time. If owners need/wish to stay during “unowned time”, this will be evaluated on a case to case basis. Please reach out to Peggy Wargo, Owner Services Manager or Amy Forbes, Assistant General Manager for assistance with this if needed.
- No lodging rentals (including owner space available bookings) will be accepted during this time.
- Front desk will be staffed twenty-four hours a day and we will have a Manager on Duty every evening.
- Unfortunately, a majority of the resort’s operations staff have been placed on furlough until travel & tourism can resume. During this time, RiverWalk will cover the cost of employee’s insurance benefits.
- The Executive leadership team will continue the operation of the resort to include cleaning owner's residences, maintaining owner communication, completing the ice rink transformation, outdoor grounds work and preparing the resort for our spring & summer travelers.
An update on our amenities as of 3/20/20:
- Solstice North Day Spa is closed for appointments until Saturday, April 4th at which time they will re-evaluate the situation and make a determination on reopening.
- La Vista is currently open for dinner take out service through this weekend. No determinations have been made regarding operations after this weekend.
- The fitness center and game room are closed effective today.
- The pool is currently available. Current CDC mandates ask that no more than 10 people use the facility space at one time.
An update on our amenities as of 3/18/20:
- Solstice North Day Spa will be open Thursdays - Sundays and closed Mondays - Wednesdays. This may change and we will keep this page updated with any new developments.
- La Vista Italian Cuisine will offer dinner take out service, starting 3/17/20. This may change and we will keep this page updated with any new developments.
- Toast at La Vista will be closed for breakfast until further notice.
- Seven Birches Winery will be closed for at least three weeks starting on March 16, 2020. On April 5, Seven Birches will re-evaluate the situation and make a weekly determination on reopening.
- Pool & outdoor hot tub, fitness center and game room are open. Current CDC mandates ask that no more than 10 people use the facility space at one time. Please help prevent the spreading of the COVID-19 virus by maintaining your physical distancing to at least 6 feet from another person.
Dear Valued Owners & Guests,
As you know from the news, COVID-19, or coronavirus has become a much more widespread concern and our thoughts are with those affected. We recognize you may have some concerns about your visits to public places and want to ensure you that the well-being of our guests and team members is and will always be our most important consideration.
As we continue to navigate through this difficult time, we want to share with you some of the preventative measures we currently have in place to keep our guests, resort team members and community safe & healthy:
- Enhanced in-room cleaning techniques on all high touch point areas including door knobs, light switches, curtain pull cords and television remote controls.
- Increased sanitization efforts to all common public areas including lobby, Owner’s Club, game room and fitness center.
- Enhanced public cleaning efforts in the resort’s lobby to include washing check-in desk and bell carts multiple times throughout the day.
- Department Managers are reminding staff on a daily basis about the importance of washing their hands and if an employee is not feeling well or an immediate family member is not feeling well, we ask they stay home to avoid passing it to others.
- Regularly wiping down and sanitizing all employee work spaces.
- Extra supplies of disinfectant and sanitation products have been added in each department’s work spaces including all housekeeping carts.
We are committed to implementing recommendations from health authorities to give you peace of mind as you visit our resort now and in the future. Your health and well-being are our highest priority and we truly appreciate the trust you place in us when you chose to stay at RiverWalk.
RiverWalk Resort at Loon Mountain